Monday, January 17, 2011

A Bridal Show

This past weekend I had plans for my mother, all my bridesmaids, and myself to go to the Portland Bridal Show. I wasn't really sure what to expect, I was just hoping to get some ideas and impute from a few of my already married maids. What works, what doesn't, what's fun, what sucks, what should I spend money on?.... And ideas of what all my maids like, even though it's "my day" I want them to have a good time, feel involved, and really be able to enjoy themselves instead of feeling like I'm some sort of Bridezilla....
The attendance turned out to be a bust, I only had 2 out of 7 make it. Things come up, people run late, and the show sold out. No biggie...... We still had a blast and the two that made it I swear were more excited than I was which added to my excitement! Free cake everywhere, fun photobooths, free food, GREAT discounts and a fashion show! Personally I didn't like any of the dresses, but my mom got some good ideas for her mother of the bride gown. + I entered to win lots of free stuff! Who doesn't like free stuff????
I highly recommend attending this event for future brides, the photography discounts are HUGE! I'm talking thousands of dollars HUGE! I recently made the decision to pay big bucks for a photographer because it's going to be a day I want to remember for the rest of my life and because... well I've never had professional pictures taken, and now I wont have to fork out as much cash as I was expecting to for a good photographer!

Here's a fun picture we got to take sampling a photobooth rental @ the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...