Monday, February 28, 2011

Manic Monday Music - A Country Love Song

I am a huge fan of country music, always have been since I was a kid. I have my aunt Laura to thank for that. There was a time I only enjoyed New Kids on the Block & Milli Vanilli but Laura played country music around the clock and always in the car. I seem to remember a lot of Reba or maybe I think there was a lot of Reba because the first country songs I took a liking to was Reba's The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia  & her classic Fancy. 
I remember once Laura took her daughter Jessica & I to a local country bar (unfortunately now that I'm of age it isn't around anymore) The Rock'n Rodeo.  Jess and I were ecstatic, we put on our best outfits! I can still remember what I was wearing: black shorts and a purple silk blouse (I know.... weird I remember that, it's not like I remember other outfits I wore to other events during that time.... Except the denim Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs outfit, but I'm not going to mention that, in fact forget I even said that! I did not have an all jean Disney character outfit!!!). Jess and I were playing with a water balloon in the back of the car on our way to an evening of line dancing with Laura, which let me tell you was a real treat! We were getting to go into an adults only BAR for a night to dance and there was going to be cowboys there! Well the water balloon ended up EXPLODING all over me, mostly covering my purple silk blouse. If you've warn silk and spilled on it, you know it's not fun! It stays wet forever and looks terrible! I ended up spending most of the night trying to dry my outfit by standing in front of a giant fan that was bigger than I was on the dance floor meant to cool down sweaty dancing people. Luckily for me though my cousin Jess stayed right next to me the entire time and brought me a soda or two. One of the million reasons she's one of my bridesmaids. 

Ok point of the post today, I was listening to Pandora.com on a George Strait station because I wanted to hear the songs that took me back to those days. Just some good ol country music that never gets old. This one came on, and totally made me smile. I had completely forgotten about it. I think it would be nice in a wedding :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...