Friday, March 11, 2011

Brainstorming a wedding dress

I'm ashamed to admit it but...... I watch American Idol. I can't help it! I've never really been a fan or have had a tv show I watch religiously but this year I just can't stop. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Steven Tyler..... I've had a crush on him since Areosmith released their Big Ones album in 1994, which would have made me 10. I know gross right? Cause he's like 63 years old now..... BUT JUST LOOK AT THIS HOTNESS!


This is probably why I've chosen a husband closer to his 40's than his early 20's.

Ok, Anyways.... The other night on Idol one of the contestants Haley Reinhart had a dress on that I couldn't help but wonder..... Does that come in white?

Thanks to the world wide web I found out.... It doesn't. That's ok because like I've mentioned before I'm planning on making my dress and now that I know the designer and I've had a chance to take a closer look at it really the only thing I like about it is the top. And besides that I don't really want a WHITE dress, I want tope, off-white, ivory, champaign.... something like that.... 

I love this deep sweetheart cut, and the ruffles. I could even change the ruffles and use LACE! I love lace! I dream of lace in all different directions all the time!
This might be a great design for the original image I had in mind for a wedding dress....

The dress is made by a company called Basix Black out of New York
After browsing their website I noticed they have a few fun beaded & sequined dresses as well. That could be kind-of-a fun alternative to a wedding dress....... hmmm.....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...