Monday, April 25, 2011

"Wildflowers"

Levi & I went on our first camping trip of the year this past weekend to the coast. It was AMAZINGLY beautiful, I don' think I've ever enjoyed the coast as much as I did on this trip. The weather was perfect! Sunny with minimal wind, stretch pants, flip flops and a hoody kinda weather. We spent the entire weekend down by the shore with our friends and our hounds, throwing the football around, napping with our sleeping bags out in the grass, soaking up the sun, sitting by the campfire and just enjoying the outdoors!
The beach was nice but the car ride for me is an extra bonus to a weekend getaway. We always have both of our Ipods and when we get sick of those we switch to Pandora on the Iphone. We spend the entire car ride talking about the scenery, pointing out wildlife, and taking turns shuffling songs all the while holding hands. On the way home I wanted to listen to Tom Petty's 1994 Wildflowers Album, it's one of my faves. After the weekend we had the song Wildflowers brought one thing to mind. Us, and all the other "weekends" we have shared together. I had him repeat it twice.

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong somewhere close to me
Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free


I'm thinking of having it played during the ceremony.....

Here are a few of my favorite pictures I took at the beach:














1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...